Sanctum was a great addition to the game and a real life changer for those of us who take hits on our castles either in KVK or KE.
When it was first released there were a few ways one could exploit the system. Such as, heal your personal hospitals and almost instant heal troops in sanctum. Very powerful when you remember that the KVK buff applies to dead troops and sanctum are dead troops.
This was fixed and healing sanctum troops is excessively expensive to gold out of (good thing) however it is also free but can take a few weeks depending on how much power is contained within it and your stronghold level.
- You can save a max of 90% of your dead troops, after your hospitals (including alliance) is filled with wounded.
- Base is 70%
- VIP 10 adds 10%
- Subscription adds 10%
- Sanctum Capacity is based upon your personal hospital capacity. The more you can heal the more you can save.
- Subscription adds 100%
- VIP 10 adds 100%
- Stronghold level, more accurately the tier of troops your stronghold unlocks, determines your base Ambrosia collection speed. Below are the levels I know based on my accounts and friends.
- 40 – 27,450
- 38 – 18,301
- 35 – 18,301
- 32 – 12,200
- 30 – 12,200
- 26 – 8,150
- 18 – 2,451
- 16 – 2,451
- 15 – 1,651
- 13 – 1,651
- 9 – 850
- 6 – 650
- 1 – 501
Based on those numbers I calculated the below.
- SH1 = 501
- SH4 = 650
- SH7 = 850
- SH10 = 1,651
- SH16 = 2,451
- SH19 = 3,650
- SH22 = 5,450
- SH26 = 8,150
- SH30 = 12,200
- SH35 = 18,301
- SH40 = 27,450
The Experiment – How 207 Does “Research”
Resurrection Packs were nerfed; however if you paid attention to the announcement it stated that the sanctum was involved. Previously it was based on power loss and where that loss went (hopital/sanctum) was irrelevant. Honestly I like the update – it balances it so that someone who -attacks, heals, attacks, heals – will never get the rez pack. However the person they hit will and for the cost of 10% of the troops sent to the sanctum.
First we paint the picture. Slak is a sh38 with t11. He lost 60m power in KVK. He wanted to rebuild this power as t12. Gold was the only way he could speed up the buildings required for t12 and 60m in troops. The Kingdom Quest build buff was upon us and we had to use the KVK buff before the next round. So we had less than two weeks to get him ready and we wanted to do it cheaply. Have you ever speed trained troops with gold? It’s fun! Less button mashing.
We knew that the resurrection packs would not proc unless troops hit the sanctum. We also knew it had to be significant in power. So we estimated that we could sacrifice 1-2 marches of t11 to the sanctum – losing only 10% – and gain a resurrection pack.
We had no idea if this would work or if we’d walk away disappointed – while I thought to record video I didn’t start the discord bot up until 4 minutes in. So you can see no modifications were done to the video and my math is accurate I’m posting the entire video.
In case you want to skip around – use the below. There are blank spots b/c I wasn’t using Mobizen but the Android Game Tools recorder which only records in game, not during log out/in and pack buying.
The first four minutes is Slak killing off his t1/t2. You missed good chatter (sorry) cause Purls is a slaker (pun intended). You can literally skip to 4:00 unless you’re interested in all the before stuff.
- At 1:14 Slak’s t1/t2 dies
- At 4:00 Discord Starts
- At 4:52 Slak’s power before t11 slaughter is shown
- At 5:22 Slak attacks a tent and gains the rez pack – so yes it works on attacking
- At 5:32 Slak’s power after the slaughter is shown
- At 6:44 Slak gets the resurrection pack
- At 8:20 Purls decides to also do this (yup – had no intention of doing this lol)
- Purls removes dragon skills and emblems and heros
- At 10:04 Slak makes a promise (yes best king ever)
- At 14:08 Purls sends out t1/t2 to fill hospitals
- At 15:54 and 17:38 Dew kills my two t1/t2 tents
- At 18:46 Purls sends out the first t10 march of 221k infantry
- At 20:15 Purls first sacrificial march dies (Defending)
- At 22:35 Purls sends a second march of 221k t10 infantry to die.
- At 24:06 Purls second (and last) march dies (Defending)
- At 24:46 there is the pack reveal
- The black out is due to the recorder stopping once the Google Play prompt is loaded.
- At 25:35 we discuss how you acquire ambrosia via blackout (NOTE THAT YOU DO GET AMBROSIA VIA ALLIANCE RESOURCE FARMING – AT LEAST YOU DO NOW)
- At 29:40 Slak gives Purls a hard time.
- The rest is chit-chat. Enjoy, or not.
Slaktarn = $9.99 pack x 9 = 243,000 gold
|-2,623,356||t1/t2 Hospital March (0.50% lost)|
|-49,602,720||t11 March for Rez Pack (9.66% lost)|
|-52,229,076||Total Power Loss|
|10.12%||Percent of Total Power Loss|
Purls HQ = $9.99 x 8 = 216,000 gold
|264,618,935||Starting Power (213,435,873 troop)|
|2,388,248||t1/t2 Hospital March (0.90% lost)|
|-23,458,330||t10 March for Rez Pack (8.94% lost)|
|-23,458,330||t10 March for Rez Pack (9.82% lost)|
|-49,304,908||Total Power Loss|
|18.63%||Percent of Total Power Loss|
Conclusion (and more questions)
Based on the experiments we completed you must lose ~10% of your overall power to the sanctum in one attack in order to proc any resurrection packs. However more testing = more statistics to use. I lost more % wise than Slak; however he lost more power total. He did start at almost double my power.
Therefore one can deduce many scenarios from these two experiments. And possibly end up with more
- The total power loss may have to do with the packs that appeared.
- Slak lost more than I and gained one add’l pack.
- If true this is likely in a window of time and not all at once.
- The march that hits the sanctum must be significant. Close to 10% of your current power.
- Because I lost far more % wise and triggered one less pack than Slak it holds true that it must be 10% per march. Mine was slightly short, so…
- What if it is only 10% troop power not total? Well, as I was editing the video I noticed that I recorded this value – so we’re going to do the table again but with troop power instead of total for purls.
|213,435,873||Starting Troop Power|
|2,388,248||t1/t2 Hospital March (1.11% lost)|
|-23,458,330||t10 March for Rez Pack (11.11% lost)|
|-23,458,330||t10 March for Rez Pack (12.5% lost)|
|-49,304,908||Total Power Loss|
|23.10%||Percent of Total Troop Power Loss|
Which is a lot of power when you look at just troop power versus overall. I will never know Slak’s exact troop power because it wasn’t documented. So just hypothetical reasoning at this time.
How to Repeat
While we’re no closer to “accuracy” I believe this is repeatable. In fact I intend to do so a few more times but measure starting troop power in addition to total power. I’ll also send exact marches.
If you repeat it is at your own risk, I take no responsibility if you fail to proc a pack and lose excessive troops. Do not do this if you need the the troops, sanctum can take a few weeks to heal.
- Fill your hospitals with your lowest tier troops.
- Then review your total/troop power and multiply by 10%
- Verify if you can send a march that has 10% or greater of your power.
- If not – shed a little power to the sanctum so that your second march IS 10%
- Send your 10% power to a tent or tile. You can either attack or be attacked – both ways work.
- Buy your resurrection pack(s). fingers crossed
Did this work for you? Please comment with details on data total/troop power etc with a detailed breakdown by loss as I did. Did you get packs? What $ and how many?
The more we experiment (on the down-low – don’t shout this too loud so it remains an option) the more accurate our data will be.
♡ share this blog post with your friends 🙂