First, Let’s Get Personal
It’s a new world if albeit a familiar one. I haven’t played a sims game since Sims 2 was released! I’ve put in 114 hours since I started Sims 4 TWO WEEKS ago. Yes, 14 days at 114 hours does equal 8.14 hours per day. Given that I play obsessively all weekend it is only like 4 hours each weeknight. Standard in my household.
I’m looking to find my zone in the game. I love building houses and creating stories. I’ve never streamed or published videos on it before because that started with King of Avalon. I’ll admit, I’m nervous. And stressed, haha. Going from a one-game persona to more agnostic one isn’t easy or overnight.
I enjoy being a part of an online community. I love to socialize in big groups who share the gaming bug as much as I dislike being around people in real life. I get to be extroverted in a safe introverted manner. I control who I talk to and when we interact. I can block/ignore and make lifelong friends.
I publish to be social. Not to be popular, just meet new people. So far I’ve been able to respond to every comment on every post I’ve made anywhere. I hope I can keep that up! I care more about community than views or likes; they make me feel good but it isn’t the reason I post. That reason is to be me and express myself in whatever I create. Like art. To be appreciated.
Check us out at https://discord.gg/qY8x3nh Team Savage
Now for the reason you are here:
The Sims Challenge: Bachelor/Bachelorette
I am not sure at this time how I will acquire my Bachelor/Bachelorette, Contestants, Lots, or Families. I will either pull them from the Gallery or request that they be made/donated by fellow simmers.
I wanted to randomize as much as possible. This means I don’t want to create any of the Sims or Lots that will be used. I’ll either use the Gallery and ask real life friends to create a backstory or use the EA forums and post a thread there.
You can view the original at XUrbanSimsX website. I have added my own flair to them but kept the spirit of the original in mind. I have mostly changed the requirements and schedule, leaving the base rules in place and adding a few of my own.
I need a lot of them. I’m dubbing my show “The Sims in Love” and will be using #TSIL1 and #PHQ to identify this season and myself. If you make a Sim or Lot donation please ensure I have your Gallery username and that those two hashtags are used. Links to your creation will be provided – I have no plans to upload my own outside of anything that was renovated for the challenge.
Bachelor/Bachelorette & Contestant Requirements
- Romantic trait is required for Bachelor/Bachelorette Sims
- Everything else is up to the creator of the Sim: looks, clothes, other traits, and aspiration.
- Backstory is required.
- Family home is required.
- Family of bachelor/bachelorette/contestant is required; 5 sims max.
- No skills, fame, or job. Whatever they acquire in the preshow work is what they’ll start with.
- No CC outside of formal outfit – CC links required. Just the top/bottoms/dress – not the shoes, makeup, hair, accessories, and such.
Preshow Work Requirements
Ideally I want a backstory and family to go with everyone. This includes their home. I will be playing the contestants to establish relationships with their family as my challenge will include a home visit to meet the family before our bachelor/bachelorette makes their final decision. Each season will have it’s own game save and all the actors and their families will live forever there. Who knows where this story will end up?
Backstage videos of the preshow work is very likely to be released at some point. If not just streamed live.
I need several for this challenge! I’m going from pre-show preparations to wedded bliss and the joining of two households. Either I’ll have to buy all the world expansions (will happen eventually) or I’ll add the locations as needed for the story. Ideally I wouldn’t use the same lot twice outside of the main filming.
1 – Filming House where everything happens; will be renovated to meet needs.
7 – Homes for each of the 7 contestants where they and their family will live. No renovations.
9 – Date venues; mix to cover solo and groups as large as 5
1 – Proposal venue; where the final two will travel to find out if they won his/her heart
1 – Engagement party venue; congrats to the new couple with family
2 – Bachelor/Bachelorette venues; one for each soon-to-be (yes, we’re going there)
1 – Wedding Venue for the happy couple
1 – Honeymoon venue. Is a baby next for them?
1 – Home for our Bachelor/Bachelorette where the happy couple will live after the show ends
NO CC for any Lot.
The Rule Book
- Before each Rose Ceremony begins the Bachelor/Bachelorette must hug each single. The game is paused and relationship totals tallied. Then the formal ceremony continues with free will enabled.
- The woman/man with the least compatibility with the Bachelor/Bachelorette will be forced to leave the house immediately once eliminated.
- Once an eliminated contestant has left, no further contact is allowed via the Bachelor/Bachelorette or remaining contestants.
- In the event of a tie, the contestant the best relationship with the rest of the sims in the household will be selected to stay, the other will be eliminated.
- Once a contestant enters the house, they can only leave upon elimination.
- Only service-based npcs are allowed to enter the property until the final Black & White event.
- Interactions between sims are allowed, as long as they are fair and non romantic!
- Sims are free to do as they please with full free will enabled.
- No television, books, phones (will be silenced), tablets, radios/music or computers are allowed while filming for the contestants (outside of events with music).
- Private journals are allowed and encouraged.
- No forced romantic interactions, if It happens anonymously it must allowed to happen.
- If your Bachelor/Bachelorette has whims/thoughts of a sim, be an interaction or even romantic (excluding WooHoo), you are allowed to perform the interaction at any given time. No thought/whim no romantic interaction!
- The contestants, no matter the whims/thoughts are not given this privilege to act upon them with the Bachelor/Bachelorette. With each other, yes. Especially in moments of jealousy and mischievous behavior. Let drama in!
- No WooHoo is allowed until only two contestants remain.
- No Make a Baby is allowed until after the wedding ceremony.
- Dates cannot be cancelled once they begin.
- Share the love: you cannot repeat date a contestant until all contestants have had a date (group or solo) in the same elimination round. No double-dipping!
- Kissing is allowed on dates.
- There are no roses on dates.
- All group dates are Elimination dates made up with sims who have the lowest relationship with our Bachelor/Bachelorette after the group house activity that Monday.
- Solo dates are RNG based on who was left after the Elimination Group Date – the two highest relationship scores.
The Schedule of Events
I have decided to create 7 episodes over 5 weeks – 35 in total. I’ll create a week’s worth on the weekend and release the first episode on Sunday and then daily thereafter. I’ll have a week’s worth on hold at even given moment in case real life decides to have a turn. That does not include preshow work which I’m sure will add more. Maybe they’ll become a new challenge I can play out…
No real surprise, I did this in Google Sheets. I couldn’t help myself. The schedule as set will not change, just the titles as I acquire Lots for dates.
I’ll add new tabs as the story progress. Follow to stay updated on the progress! If you want to create content for this fiasco, drop me a message ❤